Friday, August 28, 2009

It's on FIRE? That's Weird.

Like that Kings of Leon song is hot? But like...what?

Anyway.

So, BoyKing called yesterday (which naturally filled my heart with giant spoonfulls of unicorn glitter and fairy dust) to tell me that he was cast in his first play at AlmaMater!

BoyKing: Yeah, so I got a part in [AlmaPlay]. It's uh...first name "first" last name "man." I think it might be a small part.
Me: Well....maybe First Man is only man?
BoyKing: I have three lines. I actually think the FULL NAME of my part is "First Man, In Passing". Like I literally just...pass through.
Me: Um. I'm terribly sorry for laughing my ass off right now at you.
BoyKing: No, no. Laugh away.
Me: Well....you know, if you need to run lines or anything you know I'm here for you. [LAUGHTER]
BoyKing: Thanks.
Me: And like, if you ever want to discuss like character development and motivation-you know call on me. [SNICKER]
BoyKing: Right.
Me: [STILL LAUGHING] Really, I am so sorry for laughing this hard. I can't stop!
BoyKing: No, it's fine. I'm gonna rock those three lines.
Me: Awwww, of course you are. And I'm going to totally scream WOOOO from the audience really loud when you "pass through." [HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH] God. Why am I such a BITCH.
BoyKing: I'm not entirely sure.
Me: Well, BoyKing, you'll ALWAYS be MY First Man....in Passing.[SNORT]

No comments:

Post a Comment