Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Killed a Dude for Jesus

So, on the road this morning, I saw a bumper sticker that said "YES LORD! We WILL ride with you!" and it reminded me of a conversation I once had with some folks about how most Christian Pop/Rock songs are like...vaguely sexual.

I mean seriously. How many times have you heard some Christian Pop Diva singing about how she wants Jesus' love inside of her?

To prove my thesis, I thought I would go ahead and google some lyrics for you guys, and you can decide for yourself. I mean, all I am is a GoogleMonkey anyway right? For the record these are all from different songs.

I feel a burning, deep inside of meI feel your Spirit, it's moving around me
I hear Your voice, You're calling me closer
I know that You're here, You're calling me closer
And I will...

Christ, the hunger for him.

Only by grace can we enter
And now by Your grace we come
We come
Now by Your grace we come

I don’t want to live
For anything but You
Jesus
And all I have to give
I give it all to You
Jesus
Every breath I breathe
I breathe for You
Jesus
And every word I’ll speak
I’ll speak for You
Jesus

For the record ALSO? If I wake up tomorrow suddently believing in G.O.D? I'm totally becoming a Jew. I hear the conversion process is lengthy and difficult, but I figure I don't have to get any bits of bits chopped off, so it can't be that bad.
Anyway. I just thought you guys might wanna know that. For whatever reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment