Saturday, January 2, 2010

The End And/Or Beginning of an Era

Ok dudes.

I'll admit it.

I had given up on this blog. I was over it. I said "pshaw, I am now too bitter to find amusement."

Then? Thanks to Babs, I discovered this.

It brought me SO much joy, and if you like me, you will LOVE her because she's basically like Me:The Uber Upgrade.

And I was like, if bitch has funny shit to say, I still have funny shit to say.

And by bitch, I mean if Jeebus loved me he would allow us to meet, fall in love, and become besties for life.

Anyway.

Imma start off with some big BIG news.

I have resigned from the library.

Don't all get up at once.

Yes, my dulcet darlings, no more will you or I be plagued with the disgusting swarm that is the American Public. My last day is January 11th, and yours truly will be doing a number of things instead.

1) Going back and getting a second B.A. at Alma Mater FULL TIME in Theatre with a minor in Shakespeare and Renaissance Studies. Yes, this means I will be in class with a lot of under grads. Yes, this means that Teen Huggle Snuggle Fun Ranch Home for Wayward Teens may in fact fill to capacity.

2) Pursuing a career in acting/performance. So now you get to follow the progress of an unemployed poverty stricken Bohemian. EXCITED YET?!

3) Writing plays/books/blogs/nasty notes to leave in people's lockers.

4) Developing EduShakespeare programs for teens. I even have an intern. I shit you not.

Library, I gave you my best effort. And you took that best effort, you put it in a shame sandwich, slathered it with disappointment, shook a little salt pepper, and shattered dreams over it, popped it in the toaster, and then you eated it.

Along with my soul.

Which you killed.

So here's me giving this another shot. Though I make no promises. I am after all, still a girl.

4 comments:

  1. Hey cuz!
    Congrats on the quitting :)
    Don't forget to fling some dung at the doors on your way out!
    Love ya ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. huzzah!
    I can't wait for the documentation of being in class with undergrads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for resurrecting the blog...i've been missing you.

    ReplyDelete