Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend Update!

First things first? It is my LAST DAY in the world of Public Libraries.

TODAY.

Well, at least as an employee...I'm sure I'll be surfing the free wireless wave as a patron when I run out of money.

Anyway. Holy weird feelings Batman.

I have a pretty amazing weekend to re-cap here folks, so get comfy.

Ok so first things first, this weekend? I had a lecture and a CLASS with Steve Whitmire.

!!!

You people realize that Steve Whitmire is the dude who has been performing Kermit the Frog since Jim Henson died in 1990.

:::PANG:::

Ok, lemme esplain.

I? am obsessed with the Muppets. I am obsessed with all things Jim Henson. When Jim Henson died? I sobbed for a week. I cry every.single.time I watch "A Muppet Christmas Carol." I've seen "The Christmas Toy." HAVE YOU?! Probably not. Like, I swear, being an only child, I literally thought that everyone who lived on Sesame Street (Muppets included) were like, my personal friends and family.

OBSESSED with Sesame Street.

To the point, that when I applied for an internship at Sesame Workshop when I was in college, and didn't get it? I bullied the guy until he gave it to me. Like he was all "I'm sorry, but we have no space left" and I was all "Yeah you do. FOR ME." And he's all "No. Really." And I'm all "I'm serious. YOU NEED ME." Then? I had a 3 week externship at Sesame Workshop.

WIN.

So, the fact that I got to manipulate a puppet that was built in the HENSON WORKSHOP in front of a monitor with STEVE WHITMIRE was basically like top 5 most Epic Moments of my life.

I'm crying typing about it. For real. Especially because he was so down to earth, and hands on, and friendly, and gifted and hilarious and just all around awesome in every way.

:::SQUEEEEEEE:::

Secondly, I am literally down to 45 minutes left of my library career.

(Unless I fail epically and have to resort to re-becoming a librarian).

Ok, so tomorrow? I start back at Alma Mater Full-Time. Also? I have three classes with BoyKing.

This could go 1 of several ways.

1. BoyKing will be motivated enough by sheer spite/desire to be better than me and will do like awesome times a million.

2. BoyKing and I will both fail all three classes because we will be too busy making stupid noises to make each other laugh.

3. We will no longer be friends after this semester.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment